Thursday, August 29, 2013

Eat Drink Love ... or not

You know my obsession with some really bad reality TV, right? I am not proud of it, but for some reason it is something that fascinates the hell out of me. And although I realize it makes me look like twelve kinds of crazy, I can not stop. Well, actually I just don't care about superficial opinions made about my character based only on the contents of my iTunes section of TV-shows.

There is a new show on Bravo called Eat Drink Love which - according to the Bravo official page - follows five single ladies as they claw their way to the top of the male-dominated Los Angeles food scene. Sounds quite interesting. Except ... there is not much "food" in all this. It is definitely more Real Housewives than an inside look at the LA food scene. We see someone mixing a bowl of salad or frosting a cake once in a while, but that's about it. Unless we count wine as an individual food group, because there is a lot of drinking going on. Maybe they should have called it simply, I don't know ... Drink? I am not being fair here - of course it features a lot of restaurants etc, but basically it is more about jealousy and d-bag (ex)boyfriends than food. The latter serves just as a garnish to the main course - a big plate of juicy gossip and weird (staged) relationships. 

The cast, however, is highly likable. And equally dislikable at the same time. This is how it should be. The protagonists becoming antagonists over the course of episodes. I bet the ones I find relatable right now turn out to be my worst enemies at the end. There is always a twist in that type of reality shows. So I am curious to find out who will be the most "played" in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?